As the foundational stage, early childhood education should include activities promote the child’s holistic growth – emotional, physical, mental, social, and spiritual. This is the reason there have been several educational approaches over the years designed to achieve this goal. One of the most notable of which is the Reggio Emilia approach.
- What is the Reggio Emilia Approach?
Reggio Emilia is an approach started by Loris Malaguzzi and other parents in an Italian city after which it was named. In this approach, the child is seen as a highly resourceful, inventive, and curious individual with the innate drive to interact with others. A Montessori School in Chantilly, Virginia that employs the Reggio Emilia advocates the child’s linguistic development above everything else. Why so? Linguistic development plays a huge role in life, as it’s used mostly for expression, relationship building, and imagination.
- The Main Benefits of Reggio Emilia Approach
With its focus on the children’s holistic development, the use of the Reggio Emilia approach in centers for preschool in Chantilly can provide children with the following advantages:
- Helps shape the child’s unique identity
- Promotes positive interaction and relationship with peers
- Develops their reflective thinking
- Fuels their desire to imagine and invent
- Explores logic and language
- Promotes education through hands-on experience
- Develops their resourcefulness and creativity
Educating children might be challenging. But your effort will all be worth it once you’ll see them grow up as well-rounded adults. If you’re looking for a provider of child care in Virginia, you might like to take a look at the programs offered at Maple Lawn Montessori of Chantilly.